GSPK Now Supplying Heavy Copper PCB’s
On top of our comprehensive PCB and IMS capability, GSPK Circuits are now supplying Heavy and Extreme Heavy Copper PCB’s.
An increasing number of power electronics products are taking advantage of a growing trend in the printed circuit board industry: Heavy Copper and Extreme Copper Printed Circuit Boards.
A heavy copper circuit is manufactured with copper weights ranging from 4 oz/ft.² to 20 oz/ft².
Copper weights above 20 oz/ft² and up to 200 oz/ft² are also possible and are referred to as Extreme Copper.
Heavy Copper and Extreme Heavy Copper PCB’s offer benefits such as:
• Increased endurance to thermal strains.
• Increased current carrying capacity.
• Increased mechanical strength at connector sites and in PTH holes.
• Use of exotic materials to their full potential (i.e., high temperature) without circuit failure.
• Reduced product size by incorporating multiple copper weights on the same layer of circuitry
• Heavy copper plated vias carry higher current through the board and help to transfer heat to an external heatsink.
• On-board heatsinks directly plated onto the board surface using up to 120-oz copper planes.
• On-board high-power-density planar transformers
GSPK can supply heavy copper assistance that you can use in your design procedure.
• Track and GAP spacing guide
• Current carrying chart
• Best practice guidelines for heavy copper PCB’s
To find out more about our Heavy Copper and Extreme Heavy Copper PCB offering, contact your account manager or call our sales team today on 01423 798740 (option 1).